Whenever you provide us with personal information it is our legal duty to use it in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your personal details will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
It is possible to view our site without providing any personal details. However, without registering your details you will not be able to order from us.
Clara will only ever ask for personal information from you in order to provide our service to you.
When does Clara collect your personal data?
- When you create an account with us
- When you use your account to buy products or service, or redeem vouchers or gifts purchased for you
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask the Clara team to contact you with information about a product or service
- When you enter competitions
- When you book to attend a Clara event
- When you choose to complete any questionnaires or surveys sent to you by Clara
- When you interact with Clara via social media
What sort of personal data does Clara collect?
- When you register for an account with Clara: your name and email address.
- When you place an order: your name, email address, billing/delivery address and any special instructions for delivery, orders and receipts, telephone number.
- Details of your interactions with us online or via email. This includes details of any complaints or comments you make or questions you ask, details of purchases you make, and voucher redemptions. It also includes a record of your taste preferences indicated through your answers to the Clara taste quiz, and any other Clara questionnaires or feedback surveys you choose to complete.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How and why does Clara use your personal data
Clara wants to give you the best possible customer experience.
Here’s how we will use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders you make through clarawine.com. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order.
- To send you feedback requests on your order to help improve the service provided to you.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us, to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout, and to understand how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services, including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course you are free to opt out of hearing from us by this channel at any time.
- To administer any of our competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
How does Clara protect your personal data
We secure access to all transactional areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
Who does Clara share your personal data with
We will sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties in order to provide our service to you. This is to enable delivery of your orders, via courier companies selected by us. We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
What are your rights over your personal data
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile device browser from a website’s server and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
Cookies record information about your online usage and preferences. We need cookies so you can log in and information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse your use of our site and help us to provide you with a better user experience.
Links to external sites
This site contains links to other sites. Clara is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.